Monday, August 18, 2008

Wife Kicks Booty

Settlers of Catan Card Game

Enjoyed a game Saturday with my dear wife. I say dear hoping she reads this and that next time we play she shows some mercy and gives me a chance to stay close in this game.

Right off the bat she pulls both Abbeys and what does she do??? Plays one and holds the other until I have wasted every resource looking for it. By the time we were half way finished with the game I was certain there was only one Abbey in the game and I would have to contact the manufacturer and beg for the missing card.

I suppose it was only a matter of time that she picked up my cut throat ways in boardgames and use it against me.

Thankfully the night was coming fast (we were playing outside) and we had to call the game at a high score of 10 as opposed to 12. I feel lucky I had 5 points at the end. I'll be more prepared next time, to at least give her a challenge.

No comments: